The Information Resource Center (the IRC) of the initiative "Legal Empowerment of the Poor" began to work in August 2012 with the support of "Rule of Law" program of International Renaissance Foundation.
The IRC was created by Kherson Regional Charity and Health Foundation.
Program goal is to draw attention to the issue of public access of the poor to justice using the examples from the Centers for legal advice and information to demonstrate the existence of such a need in different regions of Ukraine and meeting needs practices and results. More information about Centers network activity, fundamentals and principles of the work see at www.pravo.prostir.ua in “Centers of legal information and advice” section.
The main objectives of the Information Resource Center are:
- coordination of information activity of Centers for legal information and advice through a website "Legal Space", a Facebook group, e-mailing among workers of Centers, and other information resources;
- trainings, advice provision and practical assistance for employees of Centers for legal information and advice to develop a strategy for cooperation with mass media and the public at national and regional levels;
- preparation of printed and other informational materials to promote the achievements of each Center efficiently: monthly issue of electronic digest (1st issue for August-October 2012 was released in November);
- comprehensive content and "Legal space" site administration in cooperation with the Ukrainian Foundation for Legal Aid;
- production and distribution of success story booklets from Centers of legal information and advice;
- selection of stories/case studies to be continued in short documentaries "New Heroes".
"Legal Space" is a specialized portal dedicated to free legal aid in Ukraine. It is a communication platform for the dissemination of information about the activities of non-governmental organizations and public institutions that provide legal aid in Ukraine.
Here you can find information and contacts of organizations that provide legal aid in Ukraine. Resource users also have the opportunity to ask a lawyer online. In addition, the portal hosted step-by-step pieces of advice to protect the rights of citizens. These informational materials are intended for residents of communities where centers of legal information and advice are located. They clarify the most interesting legal issues for people: social security, protection of property rights, family law, inheritance law and so on.
Visitors can find information about job centers, statistics of appeals, success stories and some areas of work where the most vulnerable groups (such as Roma communities) are specifically provided with legal aid.
Site is administered by Kherson Regional Charity and Health Foundation with the support of "Rule of Law" program of International Renaissance Foundation.
Mission of Kherson Regional Charity and Health Foundation is promotion of human dignity strengthening among Ukrainian citizens, inspiration to proactive, competent and responsible actions to implement rule of law principles and democracy in Ukraine, human rights protection.
In order to get the goals KRCHF:
- develops and implements information and education programs;
- provides free legal, social and medical assistance for people, who require intensive assistance from the society;
- supports community initiatives, identifies leaders and helps in the formation of new civil society organizations (CSOs);
- conducts public advocacy and human rights campaigns;
- cooperates with similar international, national and regional organizations;
- disseminates its expertise among partners and civil society leaders of Ukraine and other countries;
- produces documentaries about success stories of ordinary citizens who are able to unite and protect their rights;
- has been publishing a weekly newspaper “Vhoru” since October 2002;
- has been one of four organizers of the International Documentary Film Festival on Human Rights Docudays UA since 2008.
In 2005, Kherson Regional Charity and Health Foundation joined the Declaration of ethical principles of Ukrainian NGOs.
Portal Administrators welcome lawyers, journalists and interested Internet users for co-operation.
Head of IRC – Nalalya Bimbirayte,
| Coordinator of IRC – Anna Martyniuk,
| IT Administrator – Dmytro Zhukov,
Tel./Fax: (0552) 26-50-39